Outdoor Fun in Moab Utah

Experience the most beautiful and accessible outdoor adventures in the USA near Moab Utah.

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Looking North from the rim of Castle Valley Overlook near the cabin. This is one of my favorite spots on earth. I have visited it more times that I can count but never tire of the view. We try to arrive an hour before sunset in order to watch the different hues come forth in their brief moments in the setting sun. Breathtaking each and every time I go. The biggest thrill of my experience in Moab is showing friends the views available near the cabin. This one is at the top of my list. My good friend Scott Hatch years ago was tired and trying to pack up in order to go home the next morning. I had tried getting him to this view point each of the preceding days but could never get him to do so. Finally at my insistence, and his Resistance that he had seen enough, hiked enough, etc. and did not need another view we went over at sunset. Complaining the whole way that he should have been left alone to pack I thought that perhaps he would be the curmudgeon just grumpy enough to downplay the beauty of the overlook. As he approached the cliff's edge and Castle valley came into view, he took in a deep breath, looked at me and said, "...Wow! we should have come here every evening. This was worth the whole trip." My satisfaction was complete as on the ride back to the cabin, Scott repeatedly thanked me for insisting he make the effort to see it. Two miles from the cabin, my wife and kids hike to the overlook while I come along in the truck. Sometimes we take dinner over with a fold-a-way table and enjoy the scene over viddles.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: