Outdoor Fun in Moab Utah

Experience the most beautiful and accessible outdoor adventures in the USA near Moab Utah.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thanks to my wife and son Dane for traveling and helping me swap out refrigerators at the cabin. The Eric Sondrup SubZero, a monster of an appliance had one of it's two compressors give up the ghost. Because guests were at the cabin, I felt it necessary to get a new one to the cabin immediately. I heard of the bad news on Friday morning from Farland, bought a fridge in the afternoon. Loaded it on the truck and left Saturday morning around 8:30 after picking up Dane. Susie was a good sport by coming along for a date and sitting in the little extra cab portion of the pickup. I needed Dane to come for his muscle. It took four adult men to position that subzero in and I was worried that Dane and I would be hard pressed to get it out.
  We arrived in Moab around 5 and bought some groceries then headed up to the loop road with the new fridge standing upright in the pickup. Bart Jennings and his family were staying at the cabin and were good sports to let us interrupt their dinner in order to take out the old fridge. We dismantled as much of it as we could and between Dane, Bart and I got it out and into the pickup and the new one put in.
  Our original plan was to spend the night in the love shack and take off early Sunday morning for home. We were done with our chore and on the way down to the love shack when I jokingly asked if they (Susie & Dane) wanted to go home instead of staying the night. They both thought it over and decided they preferred coming home. I was literally on the bottom bunk bed starting to stretch out when they said we were taking off. So at 8:30 PM we drove back to Phoenix. I drove to Blanding, Dane to Tuba City then me into home. We arrived as the sun rose over the mountains to the east of Phoenix. I was in bed by 6:00 AM and got up at 8:30 to attempt church but quickly realized I wouldn't make it, so back to bed. Slept until 11:30 and had a wonderful day recuperating from driving just less than a 1000 miles in 21 hours.

No comments: